Do More with YPC and 80/35
YPC is proud and excited to be a part of this year’s 80/35 music festival this Friday, July 6 and Saturday, July 7 in Western Gateway Park.
80/35 is an annual, multi-day festival celebrating music and the people who support it: artists, venues and fans. Nearly 50 national, regional and local bands perform on three stages over 4th of July weekend in downtown Des Moines. It is a dynamic cultural event with an expected attendance of more than 30,000 people from across the metro.
Do More Village
As part of 80/35, YPC helps plan the Do More Village. The Do More Village features local nonprofits to provide an informative, fun and interactive component to the thousands of festival attendees. This is an opportunity for local nonprofits to reach and educate thousands of concertgoers, potential volunteers and interested participants, all while they enjoy the music festival.
If you’re planning to attend 80/35 we hope you’ll stop by - the Village is open from 4 to 9 pm Friday and 11 am to 9 p.m. Saturday. There will be free giveaways and lots of fun interactive activities.
- Central Iowa Shelter and Servies
- Civic Music Association
- Des Moines Art Center — Art Noir
- Des Moines Social Club
- Everybody Wins! Iowa
- International Student Exchange
- Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Iowa Shares
- Krochet Kids International
- My Charity Life and the Emerging Philanthropists Foundation
- Red Shoe Society of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Iowa
- Tallgrass Theatre Company
- The Gateway Church
- Venus/Family Planning Services
- Young Professionals Connection
Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July holiday!
For more information about 80/35 and for ways you can still volunteer check out the website 80-35.com/ and Facebook page facebook.com/8035musicfestival.