Information & Policies
For the safety and enjoyment of all guests of the World Food & Music Festival, please observe the following Festival policies:
No outside beverages are allowed within the World Food & Music Festival site. For safety reasons, glass bottles are prohibited within The Festival site.
- Alcoholic beverages are sold within the World Food & Music Festival site to patrons 21 years and older presenting valid identification. Regulations require that alcoholic beverages purchased at the event remain on-site. On-site security will ask you to dispose of any alcoholic beverages before you exit or enter.
- State of Iowa law prohibits smoking inside any structure, dining area or entertainment area on The Festival grounds.
- Unauthorized solicitation or distribution of fliers is not allowed on The Festival site.
- Vendors who are not contracted with The Festival are not allowed to sell or distribute merchandise or materials on The Festival site.
- Buskers and/or entertainers who are not contracted with The Festival are not permitted.
- Bikes, skateboards, roller blades and large signs or placards that may endanger or inconvenience guests attending the World Food & Music Festival are prohibited on-site. Please walk your bike through The Festival site. Free bike valet is available. LEARN MORE.
- Be kind to your pets — guests are encouraged to leave them at home when visiting The Festival. Pets are highly discouraged for the safety of the pet due to the large number of people. City regulations state that service dogs are allowed on The Festival site. Pets must be on a short leash. Festival guests may be asked to leave if they don’t have proper control of their pet and its behavior.
- The World Food & Music Festival reserves the right to decline admittance to anyone who violates the reasonable policies established for public safety or to restrict activities such as public address to designated areas.
- All packages are subject to search.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed on The Festival site.
When attending the World Food & Music Festival, all attendees enter an area where photography, audio and video recording may occur.
By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising and inclusion on websites, social media or any other purpose by the World Food & Music Festival, Greater Des Moines Partnership and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar Greater Des Moines Partnership events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of the Greater Des Moines Partnership. You release the Greater Des Moines Partnership, its officers and employees and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for participation or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video or audio recording taken by the Greater Des Moines Partnership or the person or entity designated to do so by the Greater Des Moines Partnership.