Still Time to Register for Global Insurance Symposium
GREATER DES MOINES, IA (April 11, 2022) – Registration is still open for the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium to be held in Des Moines, Iowa on April 19 – 21. The event’s theme is 2030: The Future of Insurance. It will focus on global topics relevant to insurance, future trends for each area of the industry, and provide dynamic panel discussions both from the mainstage as well as breakouts. Attendees will also participate in engaging networking opportunities throughout the event.
“The Greater Des Moines Region is an insurance and financial services hub, and the Global Insurance Symposium is a premiere event in the industry to convene leaders from insurance and insurtech companies, startups and regulators,” said Jay Byers, President & CEO of the Greater Des Moines Partnership. “We are excited to welcome these leaders and a powerhouse lineup of presenters to our region to lead vital conversations about the future of insurance.”
Keynote speakers and panelists will lead the conversation on the future of the insurance industry, covering topics of current relevance affecting insurance companies of all sizes, entrepreneurs, regulators and other key players.
Program highlights of the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium will include:
Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds will deliver opening remarks to kick off the event.
- The CEO Panel featuring Rob Berkley, W. R. Berkley Corporation; Dan Houston, Principal ®; Margaret Meister, Symetra; Terry Rasmussen, Thrivent; and Kirt Walker, Nationwide.
- The Global Panel on Geopolitical Risk, Trade and Inflation, featuring Terry Branstad, Former Ambassador to China and Governor of Iowa; and John Sitilides, Principal from Trilogy Advisors LLC.
- The inaugural Student Case Competition, a new event featured at this year’s Symposium sponsored by Deloitte and in partnership with Gamma Iota Sigma. Three teams will present during the finals at this year’s Symposium and a winning team will be selected by the attendees.
- “GIS Talks” – new Ted Talk-style presentations on the future of cyber, the metaverse and the connected future.
- The Commissioners’ Panel featuring Dean Cameron, Director of the Idaho Department of Insurance; Beth Dwyer, Superintendent of Insurance for Rhode Island; Judi French, Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance; and Evan Daniels, Director of the Arizona Department of Insurance and Financial Institutions.
- An InsurTech Expo will highlight the latest technological developments in the industry.
This year’s Symposium also offers a number of exciting breakout sessions that will feature future trends for insurance, role-specific topics for property and casualty, life, health, group, distribution, and many more.
“This is a must-see event for those in or around the insurance industry,” said Iowa Insurance Commissioner Doug Ommen. “Whether you are a leader at an insurer, an interested regulator or an entrepreneur with a startup, there is something for everyone. The 2022 Global Insurance Symposium will help position leaders in the industry to meet current and upcoming challenges.”
Learn more and register now for the Global Insurance Symposium here.
Complimentary Media Registration:
Members of the media are invited to attend the Global Insurance Symposium. To inquire, please contact Global Insurance Symposium Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Global Insurance Symposium
Since its inception in 2014, the Global Insurance Symposium has hosted thousands of leading insurance and financial service professionals and regulatory authorities. During the GIS three-day event, attendees hear from the world's most renowned insurance experts and interact with fellow insurance industry colleagues from around the globe. The Global Insurance Symposium is presented by the Greater Des Moines Partnership, the Iowa Insurance Division, the Iowa Economic Development Authority and Iowa insurance firms. For more information, please visit globalinsurancesymposium.com.