Affiliate Chamber Spotlight: 2021 Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Name + Website
Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Tyler Villiard, Des Moines River Dental Care, president of the board
Professional Staff Leader of the Chamber
Shar Pardubsky, executive director
Number of Members
How Does a Business Join Your Chamber?
The Carlisle Chamber board and staff work together by personal contact of our businesses, sharing with them the advantages of joining the Carlisle Chamber. Networking is important to a small community as Carlisle, helping to promote each of our businesses and to encourage our community to support all local businesses.
What Inspired You to First Get Involved with Your Chamber?
I joined the Chamber when I started my business in 2017 because I thought that was in the best interest of my business. I did not know much about “why” I felt this way. My approach to business is growth through relationships, and I feel that is what the chamber’s greatest value is. I am happy to admit that I have “learned as I go” in realizing what the Carlisle Area Chamber can do for our members. I feel it is important, especially in a community the size of Carlisle, to develop a “word of mouth” reputation. The Chamber allows businesses and organizations to band together and spread the word about each other to overlapping client, customer or patient bases.
Personally, taking on a leadership role within the Chamber was motivated by trying to do everything possible to show that I am an active member in my community, because I feel that is the best way to promote my business. I want people to see that I am invested in the community outside of just seeing them in my office.
What is a Signature Offering of Your Chamber?
Business & Community Involvement. The business and community organizations, city, school, economic development and residents of this community have pride in Carlisle being the best. We work jointly to help promote our community and its businesses by letting everyone know that we do have the best school in the region, lots of growth opportunity and our relationship, as a Chamber, is very strong with each of these organizations.
What is Your Chamber’s Biggest Accomplishment in the Past 12 Months?
Attending City Council meetings to create a stronger working relationship with the City of Carlisle
- Solving community issues by holding quarterly small group meetings, allowing our members and non-members to share concerns and work together
- Understanding other business’ need through nonprofit meetings
- Holding legislative coffees each month during the legislative session
- Held first Community Celebration
- Held three ribbon cuttings, with at least two more by the end of the year
- Welcoming new members to our Chamber
- Celebrating a new City Hall on Saturday, Nov. 20 from 10 a.m. until Noon at 100 N. First Street (Please join us!)
What Partnership Tools/Resources Have Been Most Beneficial to Your Chamber Members?
Members listed in membership listings of The Partnership/being a part of a large regional organization
- Informative emails and newsletters
- Other support we receive from The Partnership
What Are Your Upcoming Events?
Pub Crawl to thank local restaurants — Thursday, Oct. 21 at 5:30 p.m. starting at Sisters Place and continuing to LaVilla Mexican Restaurant, VFW, Coco & Nini’s and, finally, Johnny & Mikes Pizza & Stadium View
- Annual PumpkinFest — Saturday, Oct. 23 from 1 – 3 p.m. in Downtown Carlisle
- School Board Forum — Tuesday, Oct. 26 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. at Wildcats Athletic Center, 430 School Street, Carlisle
- Warren County Legislative Luncheon — Tuesday, Nov. 30 from Noon – 1:30 p.m., hosted by Carlisle, Summerset Winery, 15101 Fairfax St., Indianola
- Annual Dinner — Saturday, Jan. 29, 2022 at Summerset Winery
Find all Carlisle Chamber events listed here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the fourth largest regional Chamber of Commerce in the nation. Learn more about Partnership Affiliate Chambers, browse the Membership Directory and read additional Affiliate Chamber spotlights.