Des Moines Social Club Offers Wide Variety of Culinary Programming
Des Moines, IA (NOV 5, 2018) — Des Moines Social Club cranks up its culinary programming for the holiday season. Participants can learn the art of pressure cooking, how to prepare a vegan holiday meal and much more. All classes are taught by Chef Cass who learned a great appreciation for food after almost a decade in NYC. She sharpened her culinary chops from the Iowa Culinary Institute at DMACC in 2015. DMSC also offers mixology classes, taught by mixologist Karli Sandos. Learn more: desmoinessocialclub.org/calendar/culinary-calendar/.
11/8 — Cooking with Cass: Keepin' it Creole - $45
- There’s nothing bad about the bayou. In this interactive class, you will craft your own southern, bayou delicacy.
11/14 — Cooking with Cass: Vegan Holiday Dinner - $50
- Want to make a vegan dinner for the whole family that’s just as good (if not better) than the traditional meal? We thought so!
11/29 — Cooking with Cass: The Real South of the Border (Argentina) - $45
- A dip into the cuisine of different regions in South America - this class focuses on Argentinian cuisine.
12/6 — Cooking with Cass: Japanese Street Food - $45
- We all love sushi, but sushi isn’t the only food in Japan. This class is an introduction to some of the different tasty treats and cuisine that are popular in Japan.
12/10 — Cooking with Cass: The Magical Instant Pot - $45
- Having trouble mastering your Instant Pot? Let Chef Cass show you every trick there is to making amazing meals – bring your own Instant Pot.
12/20 — Cooking with Cass: Vegan Holiday Dinner - $50
- This class will cover everything you need to make a meal for your whole family this holiday season. Wine is included — just come ready to make amazing food.
About The Culinary Loft
The Culinary Loft at the Des Moines Social Club features a wide variety of culinary classes for all experience levels. Space is limited, so register in advance! Series classes provide an in-depth look at a topic, held on the same day of each month. Sign up for a single session or join the entire series for a discounted price. Food-specific classes will change each semester. They will inspire you to source your ingredients locally and cook seasonally. Holidays are celebrated in the Culinary Loft, and the food takes center stage. Learn the traditions, celebrate in style, and enjoy the feast!
For a full list of classes at Des Moines Social Club, visit desmoinessocialclub.org/class-schedule/.