Live Music This Week in DSM: Oct. 4 – 9, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes the Des Moines Irish Session at Sully’s in West Des Moines on Tuesday, Oct. 4, Nick Maurer at The Hall DSM in West Des Moines on Friday, Oct. 7 and Patricia Holly at Rose Farm in Norwalk on Sunday, Oct. 9.
Tuesday, Oct. 4
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Dan Jones at the Johnston Farmers Market at 3:30 p.m.
- Youth Open Mic at Lefty’s at 5 p.m.
- SPAM at Sugar Shack Diner in Altoona at 5:30 p.m.
- Nick Shoulders with K.C. Jones at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $17-20
- Des Moines Irish Session at Sully’s in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Max & Iggor Cavalera Return: Beneath Arise with BEWITCHER & Heir of Sorrow at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $30-35
- Basement Philosophers Society at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 5
CW Smith at Edgewater Farmers Market in West Des Moines at 3:30 p.m.
- The Crust at Cumming Tap in Cumming at 5:30 p.m.
- Brian Congdon at The Republic on Grand in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Lauren Vilmain/Sean Veeder Duo on the patio at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Jake Schrodt at Gilroy’s in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Plastic Apartment on the patio at Paws & Pints at 6:30 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Beau Jangles, Ben Nystrom, and Wrex Hill at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6:30 p.m.
- The Des Moines Big Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15 , Student - $7
- Elle King at Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.; $30-35
- SUSTO at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7:30 p.m.; $15-18
- Some Kind of Nightmare, More Cheese, On Hiatus, The Getaways at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.; $10
- Randy Burk & The Prisoners at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 6
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Sad Park & Heart To Gold with CaraCara, Timmy Taylor & Misgivings Fall at Lefty’s at 5 p.m. (Doors); $16 adv
- Fred Gazzo Quartet with John Krantz at The Latin King at 5:30 p.m.
- William Elliott Whitmore at the Grimes Farm Conservation Center Amphitheater in Grimes at 5:30 p.m. (With food trucks)
- TBD at Chuck's Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Dan Trilk at Board & Batten, Dallas Center at 6:30 p.m.
- Wiitch Tiit at IPR’s All Access Live at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $10
- Saxophonist Wayne Page & Co. at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
Dan Medeiros at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Del Jones and Owens at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- The Soul Searchers at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Lucas Beebe at Shotgun Betty’s in West Des Moines at 9 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 7
NOLA Jazz Band at Noce at in Western Gateway at 5 p.m.; $15
- Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Patresa Hartman at Captain Roy’s at 6 p.m.
- Bruce Day at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 6 p.m.
- Rick Burke at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Fenders Brewing in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- Day’s Live Music at Smash Park in Pella at 6 p.m.
Hawk McIntyre $ Jake Doty at Covered Bridges Winery in Winterset at 6:30 p.m.; $5
- Jon Wolfe with Dalles Jacobus at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.; $15-18
- Ward Davis Band w/Hunter Mason at Lefty’s at 7 p.m. (Doors); $20
- Adam Bruce on the patio at Paws & Pints at 7 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
Nick Maurer at The Hall DSM in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Brittany Sword at Ducktail Lounge in Clive at 7 p.m.
- David Watson at Uptown Garage Brewing in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Jenna Huston at Sticks & Balls Indoor Golf and Bar in Indianola at 7:30 p.m.
Joe Satriani at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 8 p.m.; $45 to $75
- B O N N E at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- Max Wellman Band plays Frank Sinatra at Noce in Western Gateway at 8 p.m.; $30, VIP $60, Bar/Hightop $20
- Antonio Collins at Pura Social Club at 8 p.m.
- Recoil at Prairie Meadows, Altoona at 8 p.m.
Chris Ranallo & Micah Wagner at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Liv McNair at The Thunderdome in Newton at 8 p.m.
- Heath Alan Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- The Feel Right at Yacht Club at 9 p.m.
- Funkytown Inc. at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- BongReaper (MN) with Animals on LSD at Boggs' Hull Avenue Tavern at 9 p.m.
- Dueling Pianos at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 9 p.m.
- Night Like This at Doc’s in Johnston at 9 p.m.
- Erek Wright at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 8
Piano Man Richard Spierenburg at Downtown Farmers’ Market at 8 a.m.
- Fall Artist Show at Ted Lare Garden Center in Cumming
- Corbett Reeves at 9 a.m.
- Sean Sullivan at Noon
- Taylor King at Cozy Cafe, Johnston at 10 a.m.
- JANA & 7 other bands at East Stock Benefit for Madi (cancer) at 4110 E 28th St. at 2 p.m. - BYOB and chairs; $10/plate of food, $20/all-you-can-eat. Silent auction. 50/50 raffle.
- Winterset Cidery in Winterset; $10
- Zachary Freedom at 2 p.m.
- Red Dirt Renegades at 6 p.m.
- Madison Co Music Co. at Mel Penrod Stage in Winterset at 3:30 p.m.
The Soul Searchers, Natalie Simon & Lightcube, Frank Strong, Mambo Soul Dance Company at La Mie (in front of the Des Moines Playhouse) at 4 p.m.
- The High Bidders at 515 Brewing in Clive at 4 p.m.
- Backyard Bash 4.0 at 9970 NW 114th St. in Granger; $10 (Bring cash for food, drinks, chairs, snacks)
- Randy Burk & The Prisoners at 5 p.m.
- The Relics at 7:30 p.m.
- Imperial Mud Puppies at Revelton Distillery in Osceola at 4 p.m.
- Tony McGhee with special guest Hall of Famer Del Saxman: Jones at DSM Biergarten, just south of Lauridsen Amphitheater at Water Works Park at 5:30 p.m. (Weather permitting)
- Ducharme-Jones Band at Captain Roy’s at 6 p.m.
- Very Big Machines at Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny at 6 p.m.
- Damon Dotson at Cabaret in Ankeny at 6 p.m.
- Orphic Illusion EP Release with Astral Space, East Madison, Elision at Lefty’s at 6:15 p.m.; $10
- Mac Sabbath at Wooly’s at 7 p.m.; $25-27
- Chris Merz & Co. play Wayne Shorter at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP $50, Bar/Hightop $15
- Anthony Koester Band at the Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- John McCuddin Waymore Blues Band at Big Rack Brew Haus in Winterset at 7 p.m.; $5
- Dan Tedesco (full band) with Dave Zollo and English at xBk Live at 7:30 p.m.; $15-20
- Tony Bohnenkamp at Pura Social Club at 8 p.m.
- Matt Terronez Quartet featuring Dave Bohl, John Spike, Randy Ward at The Continental in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Monkey3 at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Brad Seidenfeld at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Jordan Beem at Sports Page in Indianola at 8 p.m.
- 10 Fold Return at Mickey’s in Waukee at 8:30 p.m.
- Teddy & The Roughriders, Eric Kennedy at Gas Lamp at 9 p.m.; $10-12
Bad Donkey at Greenwood at 9 p.m.
- 7 @ Best at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Mike Ruby (acoustic) at Boggs' Hull Avenue Tavern at 9 p.m.
- Luke Stutzman at The Fremont at 9 p.m.
- Drive Thirty5 at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 9 p.m.
Tank Anthony at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 9
The Guilty Pleasures the Elevate Festival at Lauridsen Amphitheater at 10 a.m. and then again at Noon
- Chase Martin on the patio at Paws & Pints at Noon; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Miss Megan at Mel Penrod Stage at Covered Bridges Festival in Winterset at 12:30 p.m.
- Ortonville Circus at Bands, Brews, and Bikes at DSM Biergarten, just south of Lauridsen Amphitheater in Water Works Park at 2 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Unfortunate Sons at Summerset Winery in Indianola at 2 p.m.
- Lani at Winterset Cidery in Winterset at 2 p.m.
- Patricia Holly at Rose Farm in Norwalk at 3 p.m.
- Kaelan Mikla, Kanga at Gas Lamp at 4:30 p.m.; $12-15
- Look @ Me/Kickstart The Sun, Plumero at Lefty’s at 5 p.m.
- Scott Davis/John Mattingly Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Jordan Beem at BCPP Fundraiser at Peace Tree Brewing Co. at 5 p.m.
- Sentimental Swing at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $13
- Collaboration Station Jam at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 6 p.m. (sign up)
- Argonaut & Wasp with Hembree at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $15-20
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.
Jerrica Marshall is the downtown placemaking manager at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.