Live Music This Week in DSM: July 19 - 24, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Royce Johns at Fleetwood at Saylorville on Thursday, July 21, Haywire at Doc's Lounge on Friday, July 22 and Hasta Verano at Jamie Hurd Amphitheater on Sunday, July 24.
Tuesday, July 19
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- The 4Neys at the Beaverdale Farmers Market at 4 p.m.
- B. John Burns “Cheats Death” at 5 p.m. – Live Streaming
Jazz in July at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill
- Creative Music Studio Student Combos at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. (Entrance)
- Susie Miget Quartet at 6 p.m. (John & Penny Krantz Stage)
- Gabriel Espinosa Band featuring Alyssa Allgood and Misha Tsiganov at 7 p.m. (Theater Stage)
- Belin Quartet at Salisbury House at 5:30 p.m.
- Sky Creature at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $10-15
- Des Moines Irish Session at Beaverdale Neighborhood (Message for location) at 7 p.m.
- Burnin’ Sensations at Colby Park in Windsor Heights at 7 p.m.
- The Little Mermen; Songs of Disney at Pella Opera House at 7 p.m.; $30
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Jeff Banks Unplugged at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
Wednesday, July 20
Bob Pace at the Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- Jake Schrodt at The Republic on Grand in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Paul Kresowik/Jay Foote/Andrew Page at The Cave DSM at 6 p.m.
- Jazz Piano at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- NOLA Jazz Trio on the patio at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Jake Schrodt on the patio at The Republic on Grand at 6 p.m.
- Dustin Baird at Gilroy’s Kitchen + Pub + Patio in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- David Watson on the patio at Mickey’s Irish Pub in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Punching Pandas at Carper Winery in Norwalk at 6 p.m.
- The Unfortunate Sons at Cumming Tap in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Triple J’s at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
Thursday, July 21
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Jesse & The Medicine men at Big Al’s BBQ in Adel at 5 p.m.
- Brian Herrin at The District in Prairie Trail in Ankeny at 5:30 p.m.
- Kidd G at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.; $22-25
- B2wins at Jasper Winery at 6 p.m.
- The Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Music In The Junction in Historic Valley Junction in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Damon Dotson at Smash Park in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Royce Johns at Fleetwood at Saylorville in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- NOLA Jazz Band at Music in the Garden at Greater Des Moines Botanical Gardens at 6:30 p.m.; $10
- Sonic Revival at The Brick Room in Grimes at 6 p.m.; BYOB/Wine/Snacks
(Free beer/wine starts at 5 p.m.)
- Mo Lowda & The Humble with Seth Cloe & The Silver Liners at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $10-15
- Mike Aceto at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Three Days Grace with Wage War, Zero 9:36 at Horizons Event Center in Clive at 7 p.m.; $40 t0 $235
- Bruce Day at The Other Place in Clive at 7 p.m.
- Lyle Lovett and his Large Band at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 7:30 p.m.; $60 to $100
- Tanner Taylor Trio at Noce in Western Gateway at 8 p.m.
- The Soul Searchers at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Adam Whitehead at Shotgun Betty’s in West Des Moines at 9 p.m.
Friday, July 22
Ryne Doughty at Middlebrook Farm in Cumming at 4:30 p.m.
- Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- KOPPS with Boy Jr., TBD at Lefty’s at 5 p.m. (Doors); $10
- Chris Falcon on the patio at Truman’s Pizza Tavern at 5 p.m.
- Delaney Darnell at Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny at 6 p.m.
- Malcolm Wells & The Two Timers at Rendezvous on Riverview (Park) at 5:30 p.m.
- Birdie Pie at Confluence Brewery at 6 p.m.
- Bruce Day at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 6 p.m.
- Bill Bergren/Nick Leo at The Cave DSM at 6 p.m.
- Dick Danger Band on the patio at Smash Park in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Shock Collar at Chill on The Hill at Copper Creek Lake in Pleasant Hill at 6 p.m.; $10
- Mary Runyan Band at Reclaimed Rails in Bondurant at 6 p.m.
- Jake Schrodt at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
Tank Anthony at Fleetwood at Saylorville in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- Blackwater Dan O’Brien at The Cellar at White Oak in Cambridge at 6 p.m.
- Bradford Johnson on the patio at Smash Park in Pella at 6 p.m.
- Girls Rock! Des Moines Summer Showcase at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.; $15-20
- The Soul Searchers at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- The Snacks at Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing in Historic Court District at 7 p.m.
- Richard Arndt at Craft Bru at 7 p.m.
- Jeff Stagg on the stage at Chocolaterie Stam at 7 p.m.
- Rich Webster at Kelly's Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- Scott Davis & John Mattingly at The Hall DSM in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Brittany Sword at Brightside Aleworks in Altoona at 7 p.m.
- David Watson at Uptown Garage Brewing in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Vince Gill with Wendy Moten at Des Moines Civic Center at 8 p.m.; $51 to $155
- Drive-By Truckers with Lydia Loveless at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 8 p.m.; $30 to $50
- Lani at xBk Live at 8 p.m.
- Vocalist Lauren Villmain at Noce in Western Gateway at 8 p.m.; $25, VIP $50, Bar seat/table $12
- Nick Hermann at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- The DUIs with MORE CHEESE, The Shidiots, Bigby Woods at Bogg’s Hull Avenue Tavern at 8 p.m. $5
- BitterSweet Nation at Hawkeye Elks at 8 p.m.
- Haywire at Doc’s Lounge in Johnston at 8:30 p.m.
- Castle Blck, Tough Ghost, Heidi Hates It at Lefty’s at 9 p.m.; $10
- Jason Reed at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Sister Sara at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Def Electric at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 9 p.m.
- Jessica Lynn with Luke Farland at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Briar Patch Reggae Festival in Bevington; $50 two days (includes camping), $20 Friday
- Some Friends at 9 p.m.
- Reggae Rapids at 11 p.m.
- The Wilder Blue/Ragland at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $12-15
- Rag Doll Incident at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 10 p.m.
- Nate Sparks & Friends at Noce in Western Gateway Park at 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 23
Jordan Beem at Annie’s Irish Pub at 11:45 a.m.
- Sharane Calister at Surety Hotel Courtyard at Noon
- Beggars Bargain at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at Noon
- Bob Pace - Student Harmonica Giveaway with Lesson at the Franklin Library at 2 p.m.
- Ryan O’Rien at Kinship Brewing in Waukee at 3 p.m.
- Ryan Burns & The Vocal Ghosts, Joel Sires, Andrew Hoyt at Gas Lamp at 4:30 p.m.; $10
- Brian Herrin at 1908 Draught House in West Des Moines at 5 p.m.
- Backyard Bash 2.0 at 9970 NW 114th St. in Granger; $10 or more donation, BYO Everything, Free camping
- Red Beans & Rice at 5 p.m.
- The James Bean Band at 7:30 p.m.
- Dustin Farrow & The Relics at 10 p.m.
- Briar Patch Reggae Festival in Bevington; $50 for two days (includes camping), $40 Saturday
- Leradee & The Positives at 5 p.m.
- Banana Oil Drum Band at 7 p.m.
- Elisha Israel & AZ-ONE at 9 p.m.
- The Ark Band at 11 p.m.
Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Fleetwood at Saylorville in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- Dave Zollo at Captain Roy’s at 6 p.m.
- Anvil with White Wizard, Midnite Hellion, Phenixx, ResurrecttioN Mary at Lefty’s at 6:30 p.m. (Doors); $20
- Son Peruchos at Covered Bridges Winery in Winterset at 6:30 p.m.; $5
- Hairball with FlashMob at the Grundy Co. Fairgrounds at 6:30 p.m.; $28-34
- Thrash of the Titans with Alice Unchained at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.; $12-15
- The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die with Tanner Merritt, World’s Greatest Dad and Bouquet at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $18-20
- Rick Burke at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- Salt Creek at the Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- JANA at Stranded by the Tracks Bar at 7 p.m.
- Dickie at Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Cowboy Kicks at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 7 p.m.; $10
- PJ and Libby Gartrell Piano Party at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Louisiana Drifter at Maggie’s Rumble Room at 8:30 p.m.
- Chris Falcon at Mickey’s Irish Pub in West Des Moines at 8:30 p.m.
- Mary Runyan Band at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- The Fitness Gram Pacers with On This Day at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 9 p.m.
- Los Socios Del Ritmo with Nicole Padilla, Los Aliados, Los DeLa Villa at Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines at 9 p.m.; $50
- Final Mix at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- ElectroBeast at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 9 p.m.
- Jordan Beem at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- Last Call with Max Wellman at Noce in Western Gateway Park at 10:30 p.m.
Sunday, July 24
Hipocrats at Cozy Café in Johnston at 10 a.m.
- Nick Hermann at Cabaret in Ankeny at 1 p.m.
- Cover That at Summerset Winery in Indianola at 2 p.m.
- Old School at Snus Hill Winery in Madrid at 2 p.m.
- Royce Johns at Nitehawk in Slater at 2 p.m.
- The Other Brothers at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 3 p.m.
- The Bond at Brick & Ivy in Altoona at 3 p.m.
- Black Dirt Ramblers with Dave Alfstad on pedal steel at Take Me to the Bridge across from the Robert D. Ray Asian Gardens at 5 p.m.
- Scott Davis/John Mattingly Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Final Mix at Live at the Creek at Jordan Creek Town Center in West Des Moines at 5 p.m.
- Al Godfredsen at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $13
- Hasta Verano at Jamie Hurd Amphitheater in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Dueling Fiddles at Haines Park in Altoona at 6 p.m.
- Rhythm Collective and Lily DeTaeye at Earlham City Park Music Series in Earlham at 6 p.m.
- Sean Sullivan at Exile Brewing at 6:30 p.m.
- Daniel Champagne at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $20-25
- Scotty McCreery with Allie Colleen at Iowa Events Center at 7 p.m.; $52 to $92
- Left To Die, Skeletal Remains, Mortuous, Forever tormented at Lefty’s at 8 p.m.; $20-25
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.