Partnership Announces 2023 Future World Of Work Innovation Award Winners
GREATER DES MOINES, IA (Oct. 5, 2023) – The Greater Des Moines Partnership has announced the 2023 Future World of Work Innovation Award winners during the Future World of Work Summit held on Oct. 5 at the UnityPoint Health – Des Moines Conference & Learning Center at Iowa Methodist Medical Center.
The Future World of Work Innovation Awards Ceremony recognized five key players in Greater Des Moines (DSM) for their creative strategies and best-in-class practices in two categories. The Innovation in Talent Pipeline Award celebrates working with schools and higher education institutions to attract employees from across the region. The Innovation in Talent Retention Award honors companies that clearly support current employees, offering programs for wellness, training and more.
Award winners include:
- Innovation in Talent Pipeline Award: This award was presented to Des Moines Public Schools – Central Campus for reimagining education by making Greater Des Moines (DSM) its classroom. The school district believes in real-world learning with business partners, equipping students for a future with good jobs, growth and community impact. Its work-based learning programming prepares young talent for high-quality careers, enriching our local talent pool. Learn more about this organization at dmschools.org.
- Innovation in Talent Pipeline Award: Principal Financial Group was recognized for its partnership with Iowa Jobs for America’s Graduates (iJAG) and its innovative high school internship program for juniors and seniors. The program demonstrates their commitment to being intentional in preparing future generations, while also strengthening the early talent pipeline in the DSM region. Learn more about this organization at principal.com.
- Innovation in Talent Pipeline Honorable Mention: Iowa Society of CPAs received an honorable mention for its ISCPA High School Case Competition, a collaboration with Eide Bailly LLP, Principal and RSM. Learn more about this organization at iacpa.org.
- Innovation in Talent Retention Award: This award was presented to Hy-Vee, Inc., a company that understands positive workplace culture. At Hy-Vee, employees benefit from educational opportunities, competitive wages and other industry benefits including employee wellness programs, training and mentorship. Learn more about this organization at hy-vee.com.
- Innovation in Talent Retention Honorable Mention: CDS Global’s Child and Dependent Care Reimbursement Program received this award. The Program works to improve employee well-being while also assisting with child care barriers and expenses. Learn more about this organization at cds-global.com.
“The winners are examples of organizations using innovative talent attraction and retention strategies in the region,” said Jenae Sikkink, Senior Vice President of Talent Development at The Partnership. “Their originality and investments continue to foster positive growth in Greater Des Moines, creating collaborative pathways for a strong workforce.”
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,500 Regional Business Members and more than 400 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.