More Dates Announced for Candidate Forum Series
(GREATER DES MOINES, IOWA) Thursday, Sept. 3, 2020 — The Greater Des Moines Partnership, Young Professionals Connection (YPC), an initiative of The Partnership, and the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute have announced more dates for the Candidate Forum Series for Iowa candidates for U.S. Congressional seats.
- State Representative Ashley Hinson: Monday, Sept. 21 from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Candidate Theresa Greenfield: Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Congresswoman Abby Finkenauer: Wednesday, Oct. 7 from 1 – 2 p.m.
Candidates will have the opportunity to present virtually in a town hall-style format. Additionally, the following candidate forums were previously announced as The Partnership worked to finalize the schedule with all candidates:
- State Senator Mariannette Miller-Meeks: Thursday, Sept. 10 from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Senator Joni Ernst: Monday, Sept. 14 from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Congresswoman Cindy Axne: Thursday, Oct. 8 from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Candidate J.D. Scholten: Tuesday, Oct. 13 from 11 a.m. – Noon.
- Candidate David Young: Wednesday, Oct. 14 from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Candidate Rita Hart: Thursday, Oct. 22 from 10 – 11 a.m.
- State Senator Randy Feenstra: Thursday, Oct. 29 from 10 – 11 a.m.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is a nonpartisan organization, and all candidates from the Democratic and Republican parties running for a federal congressional seat have been invited to participate in the Candidate Forum Series.
All Candidate Forum Series events will take place virtually due to COVID-19. Candidates will present and allow time for a question-and-answer session. Registration for the series is free. Those interested can register on The Partnership’s events page.
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,500 Regional Business Members and more than 365 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.
About the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute
The Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute develops, connects, inspires, and challenges community champions through life-changing leadership experiences. In three decades, more than 2,000 leaders have participated in Institute programs, gaining a greater understanding of our community and opportunities for civic improvement. Please visit gdmli.com for more information.
About the Young Professionals Connection
The mission of Young Professionals Connection (YPC) is to promote an environment that attracts and retains young professionals in Greater Des Moines (DSM). Its efforts focus on connecting emerging leaders to each other and to the community through social, civic, charitable and professional development endeavors. Please visit ypcDSM.com to learn more.