Entrepreneur Field Days Events To Celebrate Local Startups
GREATER DES MOINES, IA (Sept. 19, 2023) – The Greater Des Moines Partnership has announced the inaugural Entrepreneur Field Days series, taking place this fall in October and November. Entrepreneur Field Days draws on Iowa’s rich agricultural heritage, expanding the lessons learned from farming into all forms of entrepreneurship and building on rural and urban knowledge and skillsets to create strong startups and small businesses in Greater Des Moines (DSM). Each event will be held at a different business in the region.
All Entrepreneur Field Day dates and locations are listed below:
- Oct. 10: PowerPollen, Seeding A New Innovation In Ag will welcome Todd Krone and Jason Cope, Co-Founders of PowerPollen, as they discuss new technologies to improve seed production and proving that technology through field testing as well as building a scalable business and attracting global customers and partnerships, among other topics. The event will take place from 1 – 3 p.m.
- Oct. 18: Grade A Gardens, Creating A Sustainable Food Movement with owner Jordan Clasen, who will discuss building beautiful displays that sell, organic farming methods, creating a food movement, and more. The event will take place from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Oct. 25: Wander Women, Building An Inclusive Community Through The Outdoors will include discussions on community building through experiences, building an event-based business model for life in the outdoors and marketing that sells trips out in minutes. Jenn Riggs and Kerri Sorrell, Co-Founders of Wander Women, will speak at the event. The event will take place from 4 – 6 p.m., which will include a hike and pie to follow.
- Nov. 1: xBk Live, Building The Business of Music in DSM + Live Show will include a live concert with Barbaro. Prior to the concert, xBk Live Owner Tobi Parks will speak at the event and discuss how to make and build a sustaining music business, booking musicians, marketing shows and how to become an expert on sound quality and production. The event will take place from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 2: Lashier Graphics, Servicing Analog And Bringing Brands To Life will include discussions on growing a family business, succession planning, relationship selling and more with insight from Lashier Graphics and Signs owners Bob, Andy, Pete and Thomas Lashier. The event will take place from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Nov. 8: Lola’s Fine Hot Sauces, Creating A League Of Their Own In Hot Sauces will touch on topics such as wholesale fulfillment, national distribution, branding and more. Hear from Taufeek Shah, Owner of Lola’s Fine Hot Sauces. The event will take place from 10 a.m. – Noon.
- Nov. 16: VizyPay: Bootstrapping Pays Off At Scale will be led by VizyPay Managing Partner Frank Pagano and Director of Strategic Partnership Jesse James, who will discuss creating company culture, building a national marketing campaign, understanding payments and bootstrapping a scaling technology company. The event will take place from 4 – 6 p.m.
“We know that entrepreneurs learn best from entrepreneurs,” said Diana Wright, Startup Community Builder with the Greater Des Moines Partnership. “By offering a free and easy way to connect through the Entrepreneur Field Days, we can spotlight the success of local entrepreneurs and help even more businesses get off the ground in Greater Des Moines. Success leaves clues.”
The series events listed above are free, but registration is required. Entrepreneur Field Days is sponsored by the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,500 Regional Business Members and more than 400 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.