Live Music This Week in DSM: March 7 – 12, 2023
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Kevin Lindgren at Shotgun Betty’s in West Des Moines on Wednesday, March 8, JD at Pally’s in Clive on Friday, March 10 and Cindy “Hot Tamale” Grill and Dennis Kain at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden in the Historic East Village on Sunday, March 12.
Tuesday, March 7
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- B. John Burns “Pages from the Diary” Livestream at 5 p.m.
- Chris Bertrand at Kinship Brewing in Waukee at 6 p.m.
- Funk Daddies at 2023 Environmental Mixology at xBk Live at 6:30 p.m.; $15 to $65
- Reverend Horton Heat with Scott H Biram and Loose Gravel at Lefty’s at 7 p.m.; $20-25
- Basement Philosophers Society at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- DSM Irish Sessions at Sully’s in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- jxdn – Hope This Never Ends Tour with Beauty School Dropout at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Sabertooth, Sundogs at Midnight, TBA at Bogg’s Hull Ave. Tavern at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, March 8
Sleep Signals WSG: Etched in Embers, The Impulsive, Switchblade Saturdays, As For You at Lefty’s at
Scarlet Street with Hookshot, Village Elder, Skytotem at Lefty’s at 5 p.m.; $10
- J. Jeffrey Messerole at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- NOLA Jazz Trio at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Music Jam with Beggars’ Bargain at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 6 p.m.
- The DSM Big Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, Student $7
- Bill Matykowski at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Kevin Lindgren at Shotgun Betty’s in West Des Moines at 9 p.m.
Thursday, March 9
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Joshua Sinclair at La Poste in Perry at 5 p.m.
- Mike Aceto at Confluence Brewery at 6 p.m.
Jesse & The Medicine Men at Big Al’s BBQ in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Luke Fox at Board & Batten in Dallas Center at 6:30 p.m.
- Saxophonist Anthony Orji & Co. at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- The Collection with Mom Rock at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $12
- The Snacks at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.
- Scott Eggleston at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Oracle Blu with Knuckle at Gas Lamp at 8:30 p.m.; $10
- Lucas Beebe at Shotgun Betty’s in West Des Moines at 9 p.m.
Friday, March 10
March Mayhem - Late Street, DizzoBay, Chxno, G Walt, DP, Conspiracy & Booby Vuelo As Atti2ed Era, BooDuh, and Nemo, Rare Doozy at Lefty’s at 5 p.m..; $10
- Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Willie James Shay at Sonny’s Pizza Bistro at 5:30 p.m.
- Luke Fox at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Menlo Park at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- The Juan & Only at El Toreado in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Ryne Doughty at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Erek Wright at Sterling’s in Ankeny at 6:30 p.m.
- Rick Burke at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- Taylor King & Jake Schrodt at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- Chris Falcon at The Hall in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Adam Whitehead at Sons Chicken Coop in WDM at 7p.m.
- JD at Pally’s in Clive at 7 p.m.
- Joe Inman & Co. at The Thunderdome in Newton at 7 p.m.
- Phil Shipley at Fiddle & Whistle Irish Pub in Marshalltown at 7 p.m.
- The Snacks Dinner Show at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
The Tony McGhee Project at Doc’s in Johnston at 8 p.m.
- AfterShock at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
Cover That at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Jesse & the Medicine Men at Flat Tire Lounge in Madrid at 8 p.m.
- Steve Berry: 1973 at Noce in Western Gateway at 9 p.m.; Table $30, VIP $45, Bartop $20
- Funkytown Inc. at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Tank Anthony Band at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Jordan Beem at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
- Dick Danger Band at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
Space Monkey Mafia, BYO Brass, Smokin’ Joe at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $10
Saturday, March 11
Scott Eggleston at “Blues Me” at the West Des Moines Public Library in West Des Moines at 1 p.m.
- Jake Schrodt at Revelton Distillery in Osceola at 4 p.m.
- The Unfortunate Sons at Gas lamp at 4:30 p.m.; $10
Joshua Sinclair at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 5 p.m.
- Flying Silos at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- The High Bidders at 515 Brewing in Clive at 6 p.m.
- The Crowfoot Rakes at Ain’t Patrick’s Day at Brightside Aleworks in Altoona at 6 p.m.
- Route 66 at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 6 p.m.; $10
- Marc Bailey at Tannin in Marshalltown at 6:30 p.m.
- Nate Sparks & DM Brass at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP $45, Bar/High-Top $18
- The Snacks at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.; $5
- Cro-Mags with Ringworm, No/Mas, Brat & Heir of Sorrow at Lefty’s at 7 p.m. (Doors); $25 adv.
- Salt Creek at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- St. Clair Conducts Tchaikovsky with the Des Moines Symphony at Des Moines Civic Center at 7:30 p.m.; $15 to $70 ($5 increase day of, 1/2 price students)
- Jessica Howe at Sticks & Balls in Indianola at 7:30 p.m.
- The Black Jacket Symphony presents Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours” at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 8 p.m.; $25 to $35
- Whitey Morgan with Myron Elkins at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $25 to $44
- Dan Tedesco with Luke Fox at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $15-20
- Stutterin’ Jimmy & The Goosebumps at Maggie’s Rumble Room at 8 p.m.
- Toni Williams at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Live Jazz at The Continental at 8 p.m.
- Gimikk at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Hudson Road at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Cover That at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Bruce Day at Uptown Garage Brewing in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Tank Anthony at TC’s Pub in Marshalltown at 8 p.m.
- 3DM at Mickey’s Irish Pub in Waukee at 8:30 p.m.
- Jeff Banks Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- MFKS at Yacht Club at 9 p.m.
- 7 @ Best at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Lucas Beebe at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
Garage Daze, The Unsettled Serenade, Guss Royall at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- Radiotrain at Keasey’s Hideaway in Adel at 9 p.m.
- Jordan Beem at Fore Seasons in Newton at 9 p.m.
Sunday, March 12
- Cindy “Hot Tamale” Grill & Dennis Kain at Greater Des Moines Botanical Center at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; $10, Seniors $9
- Yaala Ballin: Symphony, Song & Swing at Caspe Terrace in Waukee at 2 p.m.; $30
- Avi Gedler Duo with pianist Luke Mattson at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 2 p.m.
- Local Music Showcase at Teehee’s Comedy Club at 3 p.m.
- Matt Terronez Trio feat Dave Bohl and Randy Ward at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Stardusters at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 6 p.m.; $13
- The Soul Searchers at Byron’s in Pomeroy at 5 p.m.; $15
- Collaboration Station Open Jam at Boggs’ Hull Ave Tavern at 6 p.m.
- Totally Rad 90’s Party Tour featuring Otis Julius with DJ Strawstone at Lefty’s at 8 p.m.; $15 (4 for $45) VIP $45
- Clem Snide at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $15-20
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.
Jerrica Marshall is the downtown placemaking manager at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.