Live Music This Week in DSM: Feb. 21 – 26, 2023
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Andy Classen and the Tanner Taylor Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive on Wednesday, Feb. 22, The Midlanders at Cozy Café in Johnston on Friday, Feb. 24 and Brad Morgan at Beer Can Alley in Historic Court District on Saturday, Feb. 25.
Tuesday, Feb. 21
B. John Burns “President’s Day, Black History Month and Fat Tuesday Livestream” at 5 p.m.
- Chris Falcon at Kinship Brewing in Waukee at 6 p.m.
- NOLA Jazz Band with catering from Bubba Southern Comforts at Mardi Gras at Noce in Western Gateway at 6:30 p.m.; $65 reserved table, $45 Bartop
- Jesse & the Medicine Men Supporting The Boy Scouts of America at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 6:30 p.m.; Tickets through DSM Boy Boy Scouts of America in Central Iowa
- Tail Light Rebellion with Casey Joe Collins Trio & The Crowfoot Rakes at Lefty’s at 7 p.m. (Doors); $10
- Locker and Company at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- DSM Irish Sessions at Beaverdale Neighborhood at 7 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Chuck Prophet at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $20-25
Wednesday, Feb. 22
Randy Burk at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- Andy Classen/Tanner Taylor Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Music Jam with Beggars’ Bargain at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 6 p.m.
- JD at The Handlebar in Dallas Center at 6 p.m.
- The DSM Big Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, Student $7
Joshua Sinclair at 503 Cocktail Lab in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- Lincoln Grimes at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- Charlie Otto + His Gear/Joint Pain at The Fremont at 7 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 23
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Rick Burke at La Poste in Perry at 5 p.m.
- Tyler Frazier at Confluence Brewery at 6
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Big Al’s BBQ in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Severio Mancieri Record Release Show at Tannin in Marshalltown at 6 p.m.
Casey Joe Phelps at Board & Batten LLC in Dallas Center at 6:30 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Chris Janson at Horizon Events Center in Clive at 7:30 p.m.; Admission starts at $35
- Astronauts Tour: The Moon Rocks at Lefty’s at 8 p.m.; $10
- The Snacks at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.
- Scott Eggleston at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 24
Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- HOOTENANNY 4LOVE at Hootenanny House at 5 p.m.
- Kate & Ron Routh at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 5 p.m.
- Willie James Shay at Sonny’s Pizza Bistro at 5:30 p.m.
- Bryce Berthusen at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
The Juan & Only at El Toreado Mexican Bar & Grill in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Grill and Jones Trio at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- The Midlanders at Cozy Café in Johnston at 6 p.m.
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Damon Dotson at Country Lane Lodge in Adel at 6 p.m. with dinner; $40
- Nick Hermann at Sterling's in Ankeny at 6:30 p.m.
- Nowhere with Love: The Max Wellman Big Band plays Harry Connick Jr. at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; Table $30, VIP $45, Bartop $20
- Ryne Doughty at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m. $5
- J. Jeffery Messerole at Peace Tree Brewing Co. DSM at 7 p.m.
- Hannah Alberts/McKenna Alise/Forest and Family at ILK HAUS at 7 p.m.; Donations accepted
- The Sepia Club Revival: B.Well with MFKS at Mainframe Studios Big Room at 7 p.m.; 20 ($35 with one drink ticket and goody bag, art show on first and fourth floors starts at 5 p.m.)
- bAD dONKEY at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- Country River Band at VFW Post 9662 at 7 p.m.
- Lift Every Voice Open Mic at Sprockets Patio & Pub at 7 p.m.
- Brian Allen at The Hall in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Mike Aceto at Sons Chicken Coop in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
Sean Sullivan at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Ronley King Band at Cellar at White Oak in Cambridge at 7 p.m.; $5
- Annie Hauge at The Local Vine in Indianola at 7 p.m.
- Elvis Tribute Show at Pella Opera House in Pella at 7 p.m.; $25
- Damon Dotson “Date Night” at Country Lane Lodge in Adel at 7:30 p.m.; $40 (Includes meal at 6 p.m.)
- SPAM at Morty’s Place at 8 p.m.
- Suede at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Cover That at Doc’s in Johnston at 8 p.m.
Jordan Beem at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Gladys Kravitz Lite at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Prodigal Stranger at The Thunderdome in Newton at 8 p.m.
- Not Quite Brothers with Tom’s Top 8 at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8:30 p.m.; $15
- Duke & The American Dream with Bruce Day at Lefty’s at 9 p.m.
- Winterland with Deadline String Band and Danny Spain Gang at Gas Lamp at 9 p.m.
- David Zollo & Brian Cooper at Greenwood at 9 p.m.
- Sister Sara at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Tim Zach at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Lucas Beebe at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
- Latin Night with Son Peruchos at Noce in Western Gateway at 10 p.m.; $7
- GRUPO CONTROL, Indestructible Banda Azteca, & El Chato Show at Senor Tequila at 10 p.m.; $35
Saturday, Feb. 25
Homeward Bound at Court Ave Restaurant & Brewing Company in Historic Court District at 5 p.m.
- Menlo Park at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Exit 113 – Mardi Gras Party at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 6 p.m.; $10
- Damani Phillips Presents The UI Jazz Faculty Quintet at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP $45, Bartop $15
- The Almas with TBD at Lefty’s at 7 p.m. (Doors); $8 adv
- Anthony Koester Band at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- Strang Dang Doodle at Triple Crown Sports Bar at 7 p.m.
Chris Carlisle at Ducktail Lounge in Clive at 7 p.m.
Josh Sinclair at Reclaimed Rails in Bondurant at 7 p.m.
- Adam Whitehead at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Jonah Seymour at TC’s Pub, Marshalltown at 7 p.m. (Two birthday parties)
- Jeff Stagg at Atlantic& Pacific Pub, Knoxville at 7 p.m.
The Simon & Garfunkel Story at Des Moines Civic Center at 7:30 p.m.; $30 to $75
- Fresh Fighters: Foo Fighters Tribute at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7:30 p.m.; $10
- The Guilty Pleasures at Gas Lamp at 7:30 p.m.; $10
- Brad Morgan at Beer Can Alley in Historic Court District at 7:30 p.m.
- Stutterin’ Jimmy & The Goosebumps, Andy Fleming & The Sweet Nothings at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $Tables $20 and $40
- The Unfortunate Sons at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Live Jazz at The Continental at 8 p.m.
- JJ & the Boys at Boggs’ Hull Ave Tavern at 8 p.m.
- Suede at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Paul Little at 1st St. Tavern in Grimes at 8 p.m.
- Craig Swalwell Band at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Jesse & the Medicine Men at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Driving Blind at Mickey’s Irish Pub in Waukee at 8:30 p.m.
- Diverging Clear at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Standing Hampton at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Radiotrain at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
- Mike Bernard at Brick & Ivy Rooftop in Altoona at 9 p.m.
- Call of the Road at Benchwarmers in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- Grupo515 at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 10 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 26
J.D. Flanagan and Pat Hemann at Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden in the Historic East Village at 1 and 3 p.m.; $10, Seniors $9
- Gina Gedler Trio at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 2 p.m.
- Looking For Luke at Covered Bridges Winery in Winterset at 2 p.m.
- The Moldau: Drake Symphony Orchestra Concert at Sheslow Auditorium at Drake University at 3 p.m.
- Nick Rueckert/Aaron Ehrlich Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Bob Fields and Swingtime at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $13
- Larry McCray at Temple Theater in Western Gateway at 6:30 p.m.; $20 to $45
- Kelsie James EP Release Show with Quinn Trilk at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $10-15
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.
Jerrica Marshall is the downtown placemaking manager at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.