Global Insurance Symposium Returns In-Person This April
This article was co-written by Jason Gross and Eden Pearson.
What does the future of insurance look like for carriers, brokers, policyholders and workers?
That question and many more will be addressed by CEOs, insurance commissioners, “InsurTech” startup founders and more during the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium (the “GIS”) in Des Moines this April 19-21.
Founded in 2014 by the Greater Des Moines Partnership, the Iowa Insurance Division, the Iowa Economic Development Authority and many of the local insurance carriers, the GIS has tackled some of the biggest questions and challenges facing this industry over the years. This year is no exception with the theme “2030: The Future of Insurance.”
Highlights for the event include:
Keynotes from global experts, CEOs and regulators on the future of insurance, including insights on trade and inflation across the world
- Opening night InsurTech expo featuring more than 30 startup companies from the Global Insurance Accelerator, the BrokerTech Ventures Accelerator, the Creative Destruction Labs Accelerator, the InsurTech New York Accelerator and the Israeli InsurTech Accelerator
- A new case competition with student-led teams from across the country competing for cash prizes sharing their vision of the future of insurance
- Panels of experts focused on property and casualty insurance; life, health and group insurance; workforce and technology trends; ESG in insurance and more
- The latest news on autonomous vehicle trends
- “GIS Talks” — a new Ted Talk-style presentations on the future of cyber, the metaverse and the connected future
As co-chairs for the 2022 Symposium, we are particularly excited to welcome everyone back, in person, to Des Moines and to engage such a diverse audience from across the insurance industry. With over 46,000 Iowans employed in the industry on a payroll of over $5 billion, this is also a way for us to highlight and promote the thought leadership that is already taking place here in Iowa and to help solidify that position for the future.
There is still time to register and/or sponsor this great event that will attract insurance industry executives from across the country and around the globe to Des Moines. Learn more at globalinsurancesymposium.com.
Jason Gross is vice president at ManchesterStory and co-chair for the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium.
Eden Pearson is state government relations senior director at Nationwide and co-chair for the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.
Global Insurance Symposium
The 2022 Global Insurance Symposium is the preeminent event for insurance professionals from around the world. Attend the InsurTech Expo and keynote and speaker sessions in Des Moines, Iowa, recognized as a global hub for the insurance industry.