The position of Webmaster is responsible for overseeing and updating www.ypcdsm.com and providing limited technical support to board members and website users. The Webmaster often coordinates with the Marketing Chair.
This is a non-voting position that is not required to attend monthly board meetings.
What You’ll Do
The Webmaster shall develop an understanding of how YPC's platforms work and assist board members with using those systems. The Webmaster is also responsible for managing the @ypcdsm.com Gmail domain, troubleshooting technical issues as they arise, and help the board with any tasks that involve the website.
What It Takes
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge is helpful, but more advanced technical knowledge is not needed. The Webmaster is a support role, not a technical role.
- Strong organizational skills
- Time Commitment: 1-4 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Be able to learn how YPC's web CMS works and maintain it
- Be capable of training board members
- Be available to investigate any issues that arise that are related to YPC's systems
- Have a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Website management