The position of Webmaster is responsible for overseeing and updating www.ypcdsm.com and providing limited technical support to board members and website users. The Webmaster often coordinates with the Marketing Chair.
This is a voting position.
YPC Webmaster Responsibilities + Prior Experience
See below for more information on Webmaster responsibilities and ideal traits.
What You’ll Do
- Develop an understanding of how YPC's platforms work and assist board members with using those systems.
- Manage the @ypcdsm.com Gmail domain
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
- Assist the Board with any tasks that involve the website
What It Takes
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge is helpful, but more advanced technical knowledge is not needed. The Webmaster is a support role, not a technical role.
- Strong organizational skills
- Time Commitment: 1-4 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Is able to learn how YPC's web CMS works and maintain it
- Is capable of training board members
- Is available to investigate any issues that arise that are related to YPC's systems
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Website management