The position of Marketing Chair is dedicated to assisting in the promotion of attracting and retaining young professionals to YPC and the greater Des Moines area. The Chair is responsible for supporting and encouraging the collaboration among YPC's various committees. The chair will preside over a committee that will help to promote YPC. The Marketing Chair will provide guidance and assistance to the Webmaster and Social Media coordinator as these individuals report directly to the Marketing Chair.
This is a voting position.
What You’ll Do
The Chair shall work closely with the marketing and communications staff at the Greater Des Moines Partnership, ensuring adherence to brand standards and marketing best-practices. The Chair shall coordinate with Board members planning events or other YPC initiatives that require marketing to the membership.
The Marketing Chair sits on the Greater Des Moines Partnership Communications Advisory Council. These meetings are set at intervals determined by the Partnership.
What It Takes
- An interest in marketing and creating awareness of YPC
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks
- Time commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has prior marketing experience
- Has participated in the Marketing committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
5 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Communication/marketing background
- Ability to effectively promote events
- Ability to coordinate creative materials with multiple organizations and people