The position of Marketing Chair is dedicated to assisting in the promotion of attracting and retaining young professionals to YPC and the greater Des Moines area. The Chair is responsible for supporting and encouraging the collaboration among YPC's various committees. It will be at the chair's discretion whether to utilize a committee process for the planning and execution of programming initiatives for YPC promotion. The Marketing Chair will provide guidance and assistance to the Webmaster and Social Media coordinator as these individuals collaborate closely with the Marketing Chair.
This is a voting position.
YPC Marketing Chair Responsibilities + Prior Experience
See below for more information on Marketing Chair responsibilities and ideal traits.
What You’ll Do
- It is essential for The Chair to establish consistent programming and communication for YPC's members and non-members through social media, coordination and design of printed materials, event marketing, and overall branding.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Staff at the Greater Des Moines Partnership, ensuring adherence to brand standards and marketing best-practices
- Coordinate with Board members planning events or other YPC initiatives that require marketing to the membership
- Sit on the Greater Des Moines Partnership Communications Advisory Council. These meetings are set at intervals determined by the Partnership.
What It Takes
- An interest in marketing and creating awareness of YPC
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks (should you choose to chair a standing committee)
- Time commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has prior marketing experience
- Has graphic design and video production skills and experience
- Has participated in the Marketing committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
5 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Communication/marketing background
- Ability to effectively promote events
- Ability to coordinate creative materials with multiple organizations and people