The position of Volunteer Chair shall plan events with the help of committee members to provide access and awareness for YPC members to make an impact on local charities and non-profit groups. The Chair will preside over a committee that will coordinate the various events and collaborate with other YPC committees or nonprofit groups.
This is a voting position.
What You’ll Do
The Volunteer Chair plans events centered around volunteerism endeavors (i.e. Volunteer Fair, panels, speakers, Chili for Charity, supply drives, and overall raising awareness). The Chair shall lead a committee and encourage collaboration with other YPC committees and outside groups. Ideally, the Chair will identify the passions of committee members and align committee initiatives toward the direction of member interests.
What It Takes
- An interest in raising awareness for nonprofit organizations in the Greater Des Moines Area
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks
- The ability to balance planning of multiple events
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
(found it works best to devote at least 30 minutes daily to avoid overwhelming backlog)
A Strong Candidate
- Has been an active member of the Volunteer Committee or has participated in the Volunteer Committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Involved (beyond YPC, needs to be connected in community)
- Listener (willing to listen to others ideas & use feedback to inform decision-making)