IMPACT DOWNTOWN CHAIR
The position of Impact Downtown Chair is responsible for finding opportunities for collaboration with downtown entities. The Chair will preside over a committee that will plan events and programming to assist in promoting the downtown core.
This is a voting position.
What You’ll Do
The Impact Downtown Chair will help to find opportunities for collaborative events with other organizations and YPC Chairs. The Chair is also in charge of organizing events that take place in the downtown area (i.e. 80/35 Music Festival; Sips, Samples, & Sights Architectural Tour, Downtown Scavenger Hunt, YPC City Ride, etc.).
The Chair sits on the Downtown Community Alliance (DCA) Board of Directors and is required to attend their quarterly meetings.
What It Takes
- Knowledge of the downtown area and/or a strong willingness to network with business owners and event managers
- A passion for the downtown area
- Strong organization and communication skills
- The ability to balance planning of multiple events
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has a strong network of downtown business and community leaders
- Is “in the know” of events and organizations in Downtown Des Moines that could provide value to membership
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate