The position of Athletics Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and coordinating athletic events for YPC members in the Greater Des Moines area. The chair will preside over a committee that will plan events aimed at creating athletic opportunities. The Athletics Coordinator is required to attend monthly Social Committee meetings as the position reports directly to the Social Chair.
This is a non-voting position that is not required to attend monthly board meetings.
What You’ll Do
The Athletics Coordinator will create leagues and various athletic events around Des Moines (i.e. bowling, indoor volleyball, sand volleyball, and softball). The Coordinator is responsible for helping to drive membership via athletic participation.
What It Takes
- An interest in athletics
- A strong knowledge of area athletic opportunities and leagues
- The ability to create schedules and leagues
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks
- Time commitment: 3-8 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has experience in establishing and running various athletic leagues
- Has participated in Athletic Committee events or has been an active member of the Athletics Committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
4 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Involved (especially within athletic leagues)