"CarpeDM Music Mix Volume III" Now Accepting Submissions
The Greater Des Moines Partnership has again partnered with the Des Moines Music Coalition to help showcase the thriving music industry in Central Iowa by issuing a “CarpeDM Music Mix Volume III” for the third year in a row. Music from local artists will be featured on The Partnership’s lifestyle recruitment website SeizeDesMoines.com on a music mix page that features downloadable songs. The project supports The Partnership’s promotion of the region’s creative culture and quality of life as a strategy of its workforce attraction programming.
“The CarpeDM Music Mix allows The Partnership to spotlight local musicians on a local and national scale and also allows us to share Des Moines’ music culture with people considering relocation to our area,” said Mary Bontrager, Executive Vice President, Workforce Development/Education at The Partnership.
The Music Mix will again be unveiled at the South By Southwest (SXSW) Interactive and Music Festival in Austin, Texas, in March. Following SXSW, the compilation will be distributed at career fairs and out-of-state recruitment events, as well as online through SeizeDesMoines.com.
THE MUSIC SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE IS MONDAY, FEB. 29, 2016
- Submissions are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 29.
- Artists/Bands are allowed to submit one original song in mp3 format emailed to email@example.com.
- By submitting, the musician/band gives permission to the Greater Des Moines Partnership to publish and distribute the song.
- Artists/Bands must have the authority to make the song available.
- Selected tracks will be compensated for their use in the compilation.
- No songs selected to the previous compilation will be considered.
- Additional submission requirements are listed on desmoinesmc.com
A local jury of music industry professionals will score tracks based on three criteria:
- Songwriting – the quality of original musical and lyrical compositions.
- Musicianship – execution appropriate to the material.
- Appropriateness for compilation – lyric content, production quality, and artist activity with the community.
Judges will choose up to 20 songs for inclusion in the Music Mix. The winning artists will be announced on Tuesday, March 8.
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,400 Regional Business Members and more than 340 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.
About the DMMC
The Greater Des Moines Music Coalition (DMMC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and collaborative movement committed to building a stronger and more diverse music community in greater Des Moines. Through our mission to support and cultivate Iowa’s music economy, our vision is to establish and maintain Des Moines as a nationally recognized music city.