Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute Announces 2014 Distinguished Leadership Award Honorees
Six community leaders will be recognized by the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute (GDMLI) for being champions of community betterment in Central Iowa. The Distinguished Leadership Awards will be presented at the Leadership Institute Honors luncheon on Thursday, May 22, taking place at the Temple for Performing Arts.
GDMLI congratulates the following 2014 Distinguished Leadership Award honorees:
- A. Arthur Davis Distinguished Community Leadership Award: Lena Avila Robison, Latinos Unidos of Iowa
- Community Vision Award — Developing: Randy Kunert, Iowa State Patrol
- Community Vision Award — Connecting: Karen Goldsworth, Strauss Security Solutions
- Community Vision Award — Inspiring: Anjela Shutts, Whitfield & Eddy, P.L.C.
- Community Vision Award – Challenging: Neal Westin, Nyemaster Goode, P.C.
- Alumni Volunteer Award — Mary Mendenhall-Core, Iowa Association of Business and Industry Foundation
In addition to the awards presentation, the event will include the graduation ceremony of the Community Leadership Program Class of 2014. Join GDMLI to recognize the contributions of the award winners and GDMLI’s newest alumni by purchasing individual tickets or tables of 10 for the Leadership Institute Honors luncheon at gdmli.com.
Questions can be directed to Amy Jennings, executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 286-4980.
Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute
The Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute is the premier leadership organization, guiding graduates to greater public awareness, commitment and involvement - improving the overall quality of life in our community. In three decades, more than 1,800 leaders have participated in GDMLI programs, gaining a greater understanding of our community and opportunities for civic improvement.