Affiliate Chamber Spotlight: Clive
Chamber name: Clive Chamber of Commerce
Elected leader for 2017: David Siebert, Board President
Professional staff leader of the Chamber: Kristy Schmidt, Executive Director
Number of members: 165
Clive Chamber Q&A
Why should someone join your Chamber?
The Clive Chamber of Commerce helps businesses grow by providing events and resources in which they can network, learn and engage in the community. The size of the Clive Chamber allows for our members to form meaningful business relationships quickly, have connections to Clive leaders and the ability to spread the word about their business further and faster.
What is your Chamber’s biggest accomplishment in the past 12 months?
- We added Presidents Club as a membership option. This extended benefit package brings more exposure and exclusiveness to business members.
- Partnered with the City of Clive to bring Food Truck Friday to Clive. Food Truck Fridays is a free community event with live music and food trucks at Campbell Park in Clive.
- Just completed our second year of Clive Restaurant Week.
Any initiative or project that you are looking forward to in 2017?
The Chamber is planning for 2018 and focusing on connecting businesses and the community, promoting our member businesses and organizations and providing education and information our members are seeking to learn more about.
What upcoming events should people watch for?
- December 5 – Light the Plaza – Holiday Lighting Ceremony
- December 12 – Business over Breakfast
- February 20 – Annual Dinner
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the fourth largest regional Chamber of Commerce in the nation. Learn more about Partnership Affiliate Chambers, browse the Membership Directory and read additional Affiliate Chamber spotlights.