Thank you for attending the 2022 DSM Book Festival!
Follow us on Facebook or sign up for the Downtown newsletter to stay up-to-date on the 2023 DSM Book Festival and other festivals and events in DSM USA.
The DSM Book Festival needs volunteers to help with a variety of jobs from packet pick-up, information office and activity support. Volunteers receive a free Festival t-shirt and other benefits.
The DSM Book Festival takes place at Capital Square, 400 Locust Street, Downtown Des Moines (DSM).
Assist in the following areas at The Festival:
- Information Assistant
- Author Pavilion & Book Signings
- Main Stage Assistant
- Workshop Room Assistant
- Kids' Room Activities
- Event Set-up & Tear Down
- And More!
Sign Up to Volunteer
Important Volunteer Information
- You must be at least 16 years old when you report to your shift.
- If you are unable to fulfill your shift, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can give another volunteer the opportunity to help.
- Make sure you wear comfortable clothing.
- You are responsible for all personal items. Please make sure items are carried with you during your shift.
Festival Event Team
Looking for a leadership role at The Festival? Join the Festival Event Team!
By becoming a Festival Event Team Member, you will have the opportunity to take lead throughout The Festival and work closely with the staff. Team members will be responsible for managing specific programs during The Festival.
For more information, please contact:
Jerrica Marshall | Downtown Placemaking Manager