Sign up to volunteer at the DSM Book Festival!
Without its volunteers, The Festival would not be able to succeed. With a variety of jobs to choose from, you can volunteer by yourself or with a group of friends. Whatever you choose, there's a spot for you. You will receive a free Festival t-shirt to wear during your shift(s). Be a part of the DSM Book Festival Team today!
The volunteer program is sponsored by MercyOne Children's Hospital.
Assist in the following areas at The Festival:
- Prairie Meadows Authors' Pavilion
- Festival Hub
- Information/Ticketing Booth
- Writers' Workshop
- Event Setup/Teardown
- Books & Blooms Room
- Ruan Foundation Room
Important Volunteer Information
- You must be at least 16 years old when you report to your shift.
- If you are unable to fulfill your shift, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can give another volunteer the opportunity to help.
- Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and keep in mind that you may be outside.
- You are responsible for all personal items. Please make sure items are carried with you during your shift.
Festival Event Team
Looking for a leadership role at The Festival? Join the Festival Event Team!
By becoming a Festival Event Team Member, you will have the opportunity to take lead throughout The Festival and work closely with the staff. Team members will be responsible for managing specific programs during The Festival, including Information & Ticketing Booth, the Authors' Pavilion, workshop rooms and more.
For more information, please contact:
Emily Lyon | Program Manager of Downtown Events