Just For Kids
Thank you for attending the 2022 DSM Book Festival!
Follow us on Facebook or sign up for the Downtown newsletter to stay up-to-date on the 2023 DSM Book Festival and other festivals and events in DSM USA.
The Just for Kids Room sponsored by Principal® included fun activities, crafts and storytimes throughout the day. Extra special activities were offered at designated times.
- 9:30 a.m. | Storytime with StoryHouse BookPub
- 10 a.m. | Open Play with JouJou
- 11:30 a.m. | Storytime with StoryHouse BookPub
- Noon | Open Play with JouJou
- 2 p.m. | The Story of Braille
- 3:30 p.m. | Salamander Storytime with Ruby the Red Reading Panda
- A golf activity will be provided by Principal Charity Classic throughout the day.
JouJou Play Area
JouJou will provide an intentional play area for new moms and their young children (ages 0-5) throughout the day. JouJou's play area will focus on child-centered learning and encourage problem-solving and critical thinking.
The Story of Braille – Presented by the Iowa Department for the Blind
Learn about the story of Louis Braille, explore the braille alphabet and how reading can be done using touch. Stories and hands-on activities for all ages will show how we all do the same things but may do them a little differently.
Salamander Storytime with Ruby the Red Reading Panda – Presented by Blank Park Zoo
Enjoy a world of books with Ruby the Red Reading Panda! Ruby is a plush red panda who loves to read. During this program, we will read a book and meet an animal friend.