The Kids' Zone includes fun activities, crafts and storytimes throughout the day. Extra special activities are offered, see schedule below. Storytime provided by Storyhouse Bookpub.
- 9 a.m. – Noon | Rainbow Ray Face Painting
- 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. | Play activities with JOUJOU
- 9 a.m. | Storytime with Author Christine Hilbert
- 10 a.m. | Storytime with Author Tina Oho
- 11 a.m. | Storytime: “Going on a Bear Hunt”
- Noon | Storytime with Blank Park Zoo’s Ruby the Reading Red Panda
- 1:30 p.m. | Storytime with Author Abena Imhotep
- 2:30 p.m. | Music and instruments with Janet Casson – a long-time teacher of music and drama for youth
- 4 – 5 p.m. | Balloon Animals with Magician Jonathan May
- 5 – 6 p.m. | Magic Show with Magician Jonathan May
**Plus, ongoing activities throughout the day. Keep an eye out for some of your favorite costumed characters!
Follow us on Facebook or sign up for the Downtown newsletter to stay up-to-date on the 2023 DSM Book Festival and other festivals and events in DSM USA.