DSM Book Festival Information & Policies
For the safety and enjoyment of all guests of the DSM Book Festival, please observe the following Festival policies:
- No outside beverages are allowed within the DSM Book Festival site. For safety reasons, glass bottles are prohibited within The Festival.
- Alcoholic beverages are sold within the DSM Book Festival site to patrons 21 years and older presenting valid identification. Regulations require that alcoholic beverages purchased at the event remain on-site. On-site security will ask you to dispose of any alcoholic beverages before you exit or enter.
- Smoking is not permitted inside Capital Square.
- Unauthorized solicitation or distribution of fliers is not allowed on The Festival site.
- Vendors who are not contracted with The Festival are not allowed to sell or distribute merchandise or materials on The Festival site.
- Buskers and/or entertainers who are not contracted with The Festival are not permitted.
- Bikes, skateboards, roller blades and large signs or placards that may endanger or inconvenience guests attending the DSM Book Festival are prohibited on-site. Please walk your bike through The Festival site.
- Pets are not permitted at this event. Service animals, however, are allowed per city regulations.
- The DSM Book Festival reserves the right to decline admittance to anyone who violates the reasonable policies established for public safety or to restrict activities such as public address to designated areas.
- All packages are subject to search.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed on The Festival site.
When attending the DSM Book Festival, all attendees enter an area where photography, audio and video recording may occur.
By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising and inclusion on websites, social media or any other purpose by the DSM Book Festival, Greater Des Moines Partnership and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar Greater Des Moines Partnership events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of the Greater Des Moines Partnership. You release the Greater Des Moines Partnership, its officers and employees and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for participation or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video or audio recording taken by the Greater Des Moines Partnership or the person or entity designated to do so by the Greater Des Moines Partnership.