Please bookmark your calendar for our next chapter — March 27, 2021.
About The DSM Book Festival
The Festival will feature nationally-acclaimed authors, book club discussions led by featured commentators, hands-on learning activities like flower arranging, wine tasting, children's programming, food, drink and more.
The DSM Book Festival is produced by the Greater Des Moines Partnership as part of its efforts to promote Downtown Des Moines (DSM), the core of the region, as vibrant, fresh, contemporary, active, cultural and diverse. The purpose of The Festival is to connect people who love books with people who create them.
The DSM Book Festival received awards from the International Festivals & Events Association in 2019, including:
- Gold — Best New Event
- Gold — Best Education Program
- Gold — Best On-Site Décor
- Bronze — Best Other Merchandise
DSM Book Festival Committee Members
- Ashley Bohnenkamp, Business Publications
- Jay Byers, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Courtney Crowder, Des Moines Register
- Kara DeVenney, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Jan Kaiser, Kick Marketing
- Angela Knight, Principal
- Emily Lyon, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Jenny McCoy, Meredith Corporation
- Alice Meyer, Beaverdale Books
- Gene Meyer, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Colleen Murphy, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Tim Paluch, Des Moines Public Library
- Nicole Shalla, Bravo Greater Des Moines
- Courtney Shaw, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Kay Fenton Smith, Des Moines Writers Workshop
- Julie Stewart, Prairie Meadows
- Tiffany Tauscheck, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Joey Taylor-Moon, Hubbell Realty Company
- Kristine Thompson, Greater Des Moines Partnership
For more information, contact Colleen Murphy, Director of Downtown Events.