About The Festival
The Festival will feature nationally-acclaimed authors, book club discussions led by featured commentators, hands-on learning activities like flower arranging, wine tasting, children's programming, food, drink and more. Mark your calendar for March 30, 2019. This is one event you don't want to miss!
Date & Time
Saturday, March 30, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Capital Square and Cowles Commons, Downtown Des Moines (DSM)
The DSM Book Festival is produced by the Greater Des Moines Partnership as part of its efforts to promote Downtown Des Moines (DSM), the core of the region, as vibrant, fresh, contemporary, active, cultural and diverse. The purpose of The Festival is to connect people who love books with people who create them.
DSM Book Festival Committee Members
- Emily Abbas – Bankers Trust
- Emily Bahnsen – Kum & Go
- Jan Danielson Kaiser – Kick Marketing
- Angela Knight – Principal
- Anne Lawrie – Des Moines Register
- Jenny McCoy – Meredith Corporation
- Alice Meyer – Beaverdale Books
- Gina Rooney – Wellmark Foundation
- Julie Stewart – Prairie Meadows
- Joey Taylor-Moon – Hubbell Realty Company
For more information, contact Colleen Murphy, Director of Downtown Events.