About The DSM Book Festival
The DSM Book Festival is transitioning its programming and events to a hybrid format. All activities will be available online, and a selection will be offered in a small, in-person and socially distanced format.
Hear nationally acclaimed authors, engage in exciting discussions, discover new books, purchase merchandise perfect for book lovers and celebrate your favorite stories in a vibrant community celebration.
The DSM Book Festival is produced by the Greater Des Moines Partnership as part of its efforts to promote Downtown Des Moines (DSM), the core of the region, as vibrant, fresh, contemporary, active, cultural and diverse. The purpose of The Festival is to connect people who love books with people who create them.
The Festival will utilize two conjoined spaces at Capital Square for in-person activity check-in, kit and merchandise pick-up and general inquiries.
The DSM Book Festival received awards from the International Festivals & Events Association in 2019, including:
- Gold — Best New Event
- Gold — Best Education Program
- Gold — Best On-Site Décor
- Bronze — Best Other Merchandise
DSM Book Festival Committee Members
- Ashley Bohnenkamp, Business Publications
- Jay Byers, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Courtney Crowder, Des Moines Register
- Kara DeVenney, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Kay Fenton Smith, Des Moines Writers Workshop
- Jenny McCoy, Meredith Corporation
- Alice Meyer, Beaverdale Books
- Colleen Murphy, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Tim Paluch, Des Moines Public Library
- Emily Schultz, Business Publications
- Nicole Shalla, Community Volunteer
- Courtney Shaw, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Julie Stewart, Prairie Meadows
- Joey Taylor-Moon, Hubbell Realty Company
- Tiffany Tauscheck, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Kristine Thompson, Greater Des Moines Partnership
For more information, contact Colleen Murphy, Director of Downtown Events.