Directions & Parking
Brenton Skating Plaza is conveniently located along the Principal Riverwalk, at the corner of Robert D. Ray Drive and East Grand Avenue. The D-Line runs in a loop all around Downtown Des Moines (DSM) every 10 minutes from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bike racks are conveniently located all around Brenton Skating Plaza as well as a B-cycle station on the corner of Robert D. Ray Drive and East Grand Avenue.
Download the Brenton Skating Plaza map for more information.
Parking Evenings And Weekends
- Street parking is available on Robert D. Ray Drive and throughout the Historic East Village Monday - Saturday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. and free on Sundays.
- Additional parking in the lot behind the Argonne Armory Building north of Brenton Skating Plaza or in the Iowa Workforce Development parking lot northeast of Brenton Skating Plaza after 5 p.m. on weekdays.
- City of Des Moines parking ramps are also available, including the nearby ramp at E. 2nd and E. Grand.
- Valet parking is available at Embassy Suites located at 101 E. Locust St., one block south of the skating rink ($8 up to four hours and $15 thereafter).
- Learn more about Downtown DSM parking
If you are bringing a bus to Brenton Skating Plaza, please contact us at brentoninfo@downtownDSMUSA.com or (515) 284-1000 to make arrangements for parking.